EpxSurgery is a pre-op and post-op surgical question suite.
EpxSurgery uses text messaging or phone calls to monitor certain signs & symptoms relevant to the surgery type. The intervention itself is consisted of various of modules and can be composed to fit your practice's needs. Several presets are also available out of the box.
Current modules include:
- Pain Tracking
- Wound/Incision Site Tracking
- Physical Therapy
- Incentive Spirometer
- Shortness of Breath
- Follow Up Appointments
Modules are scheduled via different offsets to the surgery date.
- Knee & Hip Surgery
- Knee & Hip + Physical Therapy (optional)
- Lung Resection
Customizable by preset, but usually either daily or weekly.
Wound/Incision Site Tracking
- Is there increased drainage or redness at incision site or if incision is covered by dressing is there increased drainage seeping from bandage? Reply yes or no.
- How is your pain today? Please rate it from 0 (no pain) to 9 (worst pain). Example: '5'
- Have you felt feverish? Please reply yes or no.
- Please text back your highest temperature (in Fahrenheit) or text back "#" if you don't know.
For the full list of messages for all the modules, please inquire firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alerts are all dependent on the schedule set up. Usually a threshold of the number of critical states is set for a certain preset.