EpxHeartFailure is an automated communication system designed to assess patient heart rate, blood pressure, and weight.
Patients diagnosed with heart failure.
EpxHeartFailure uses text messages to prompt your patient to report heart vitals and weight. The frequency of communications can be modified by the clinician. Any reports of worsening symptoms, concerning increases in weight, and abnormal heart rate and blood pressure trigger alerts to the provider that can be handled easily over the phone. This results in increased clinical outcomes, faster stabilization for patients, and a reduction of readmissions long term.
Patients may receive messages every one, two, OR three days. An optional smart schedule frequency can monitor patient symptom and vital stability over time to appropriately increase or decrease schedule frequency from 3 days per week to 2 days per week.
- What is your weight today?
- If greater than 3lbs, alert physician
- What is your blood pressure (BP) today? Please take this while sitting down after relaxing for 5 minutes.
- If greater than 180/110, prompts patient to re-enter blood pressure
If the patient has a BP CuffWhat is your heart rate? Please take this while sitting down after relaxing for 5 minutes.
Default Messages(Edema and Dyspnea) Is your breathing or swelling in your legs better, worse or same compared to normal?(Orthopnea) Is your breathing while lying down better, worse or same as compared to normal? (Paroxysmal Nocturnal Dyspnea) When sleeping, do you wake up in the middle of the night feeling like you cannot breathe?
If patient is on Smart Schedule and reported symptoms the day before
- You reported experiencing [symptom] to be worse yesterday. And then ask if appropriate symptom is better, worse or same as yesterday.
Quality of Life Questions
- How often has feeling tired or short of breath kept you from doing daily activities? Reply with a number between 0 and 9, 0 being never and 9 being all the time.
- If you spend the rest of your life with your heart disease as it is now, how satisfied would you feel? Please reply between a number from 0 to 9 with 0 being not at all and 9 being very satisfied.
Patient reports 3lb weight gain in 7 days. Patient reports a worsening symptom for two consecutive days or if patient’s Heart Rate and Blood Pressure is above the clinician set threshold.
Patients will be directed to call 911 if they are experiencing an emergency. You may designate a care provider to be acutely notified in the event of a defined critical value.